Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Happy Thanksgi...ah whatever...




I’m too tired to do Thanksgiving. What, pray tell has me exhausted? Why my NaNoWriMo novel, The Covington Witches, that’s what. Yep. I’m at the 75% mark and hoping to finish in time. It’s going to come down to the wire. What with the procrastination, the endless cups of coffee I have to brew, the leaves I have to follow on their path from the tree to the leaf-strewn ground below, I’m busy, people! I have no time to cook Thanksgiving dinner. And I love Thanksgiving. All of it. All of the food I mean. I need baked macaroni and cheese. I’ve never deserved baked macaroni and cheese more in my life than this November.
But, I don’t have time to cook it. Or any of the other dishes I’m tasked with cooking. Because everything I do is in service of THE BOOK. Even this blog post, of course, sorry, but it is. It’s the place where I get to talk my book. It is the reason for the blog’s existence. But, I’m too tired.
Gobble, gobble.
not my Thanksgiving turkey

No comments:

Post a Comment